- Fully automatic frozen yogurt, sorbet, and ice cream maker
- Brushed stainless-steel housing; heavy-duty motor
- Large ingredient spout for easily adding favorite mix-ins
- Double-insulated 2-quart freezer bowl; instruction book and recipes included
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
- Your freezer should be set to 0°F to ensure proper freezing of all foods.
CHEF SOPHIE’S REVIEW – 4.5 Star
My family loves our new Cuisnart 2 Qt Ice Cream Maker. I found a recipe for this machine that uses pure maple syrup and heavy whipping cream to make the ice cream – YUM!
When the machine arrived, I immediately put the cold bucket in the freeze and turned my freezer all the way down. This was an upright freezer, so I did not have any reservations about turning it down so low. The next night, my family was anxious to make some ice cream.
I mixed everything together before getting the cold bucket out of the freezer so that I could pour it right in.
After reading the reviews, I thought it would be louder than it was. It certainly was quieter than my snow cone maker and my food processor. So, for me, it was pretty quiet. We were still able to watch TV while it made our ice cream.
We chose to eat it as soon as it was made (and not put it in the freezer for a while). It tasted great, but melted quickly. Still, we thought we had found a winner. We stored the leftovers in a covered pyrex dish until the next day. When we had our next ice cream dessert, we were surprised by how much better it tasted than the night before. I definitely recommend freezing the ice cream at least for a couple hours before consuming.
So, over all, this one is a winner and will be staying in my house for years to come – and it fit nicely in my cupboard too!
Here’s some more info:
Housed in brushed stainless steel with an embossed logo, this fully automatic small appliance makes frozen yogurt, sorbet, and homemade ice cream in as little as 25 minutes. The frozen-dessert maker features a heavy-duty motor and a double-insulated freezer bowl that holds up to 2 quarts of frozen dessert at a time. Simply add ingredients, turn the machine on, and frozen drinks and desserts are ready in minutes. Its large ingredient spout allows for easily adding favorite mix-ins, and an instruction book and recipes come included. A fun addition to any birthday party or backyard barbecue, the frozen-dessert maker measures approximately 8-1/4 by 8 by 11-1/4 inches and carries a three-year limited warranty.
From the Manufacturer
The Cuisinart Pure Indulgence 2 Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet & Ice Cream Maker
What’s better than a quart of luscious homemade ice cream, sorbet or frozen yogurt? Two quarts! The fully automatic Cuisinart Pure Indulgence makes 2 quarts of your favorite frozen desserts or drinks in as little as 25 minutes. It’s easy – an integrated motor, double-insulated freezer bowl and automatic mixing paddle do all the work. Results are consistently smooth, cleanup is easy, and the brushed metal styling is simply sensational.
Indulge your taste buds with fresh sorbet, ice cream, or frozen yogurt – 2 quarts of your favorite frozen dessert, ready in as little as 25 minutes. It’s simple and easy from start to finish: just add ingredients and turn it on. The removable mixing paddle and freezer bowl make cleanup easy. Always get consistently creamy results with a heavy-duty motor, double insulated freezer bowl and automatic mixing paddle, you are guaranteed deliciously smooth frozen desserts and drinks.
Features and Benefits
- Ingredient Spout Pour recipe ingredients through the spout. Also use to add ingredients, like chips or nuts, without interrupting the freezing cycle.
- Easy-lock Lid Transparent to let you watch the freezing process as it progresses. Lid is designed to easily lock to base.
- Mixing Arm Mixes and aerates ingredients in freezer bowl to create frozen desserts or drinks.
- Powerful Motor A heavy duty motor strong enough to handle ice cream, frozen yogurt, sherbet, sorbet and frozen drinks.
- Freezer Bowl Contains cooling liquid within a double insulated wall to create fast and even freezing. Double wall keeps the bowl cool and at an even temperature.
- Rubber Feet Nonslip feet keep base stationary during use.
- Cord Storage Unused cord is easily pushed into the base to keep counter neat and safe.
Freezing Time and Bowl Preparation
The freezer bowl must be completely frozen before you begin your recipe. The length of time needed to reach the frozen state depends on how cold your freezer is. For the most convenient frozen desserts and drinks, leave your freezer bowl in the freezer at all times. You can take it out any time for immediate use. In general, freezing time is between 6 hours and 22 hours. To determine whether the bowl is completely frozen, shake it. If you do not hear liquid moving, the cooling liquid is frozen. Before freezing, wash and dry the bowl. Wrap it in a plastic bag to prevent freezer burn. We recommend that you place the freezer bowl in the back of your freezer where it is the coldest. Your freezer should be set to 0°F to ensure proper freezing of all foods.
Making Frozen Desserts or Drinks
- Use Cuisinart recipes included in the Instruction Booklet or use your own recipe, making sure it yields 2 quarts or less. Do not fill the freezer bowl higher than 1/2-inch from the top. The ingredients will increase in volume during the freezing process. For best results, prepare the ingredients in a container from which it is easy to pour.
- Remove the freezer bowl from the freezer and place on the center of the base. The bowl will begin to defrost quickly once it has been removed from the freezer. Use it immediately after removing from freezer.
- Place mixing bowl arm in freezer bowl. Arm does not fit tightly. It just rests in the center of the bowl, with the circle side facing up.
- Place lid on the base. Easy lock lid mechanism allows the lid to rest on base in multiple positions.
- Turn the On/Off switch to ON position. Freezer bowl will begin to turn.
- Immediately pour ingredients through ingredient spout.
- Frozen desserts or drinks will be done in 25-35 minutes. The time will depend on the recipe and volume of the dessert or drink you are making. When the mixture has thickened to a soft serve consistency, it is done. If you desire a firmer consistency, transfer the dessert or drink to an airtight container and store in the freezer for two or more hours.
Ingredients such as chips and nuts should be added about 5 minutes before the recipe is complete. Once the dessert or drink has began to thicken, add the ingredients through the ingredient spout. Nuts and other ingredients should be no larger than a chocolate chip.